Sunday, January 22, 2006

Bilbo (Buster, Butter Butt) Baggins-Sears aka Abigail's Husband

Although Bilbo wasn't considered a "rescue", he was. He was in a local pet store *gag* at 5 1/2 weeks old and in an aquarium right inside the doorway standing on his hind legs begging for attention from anyone. When he let me pick him up immediately, I knew he was coming home with me. He was a tiny baby and so full of life. Although Bud protested profusely (actually it was a more than firm "NO", I took it upon myself to retreive him anyway. The people at pet stores are idiots and at that time, I was very ignorant about the care of buns. So after much research, I determined that nothing should be alone, pairs are better (goes for anything really, dogs, cats, etc.) so off we go on a wild advenure with Heartland to find Bilbo a wife. Jeannie can relate the wonderful stories of bonding. My poor little baby was even "B*tch slapped"! I was losing all hope. Then we found a spark of hope, our darlin' Abigail. After buns in a bucket going for a car ride with them coming home completely covered in urine to Abigail trying to thump him away with his very vigorous "humpty dumpty" sessions, we finally, after a couple of months, achieved success. What an adventure. My little boy has a wife! After a recent vet visit, Bilbo weighed in at 2.5 pounds. Abigail's weight isn't listed. Could it be that she refused to get on the scales and takes after her Mother-In-Law?


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Heartland said...

Diana,
I love his baby picture. Haven't seen that one before. No wonder you were 'pulled' to him. And I can see him using his powers on you.
(Have had difficulty getting my comments to post on your pictures and Jeanette's. I hope this one goes through.)
Jeannie

10:07 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

He is soooooooo cute!!!!!

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home