Monday, March 26, 2007

Simon, the one-eyed bandit


"Hi, my name is Simon, and after long years of being a bachelor, I have finally found a girl-friend. Her name is Dandi (actually, Dandelion, but she is much too sassy for that gentle name), and she is the chinchilla-colored one in our playtunnel. I´m, of course, the handsome one in front, with the stern look. I don´t approve of being approached too closely by humans - unless they have treaties, of course.
Some four years ago, I came to Heartland, and Momma Jeannie took real good care of me. I felt safe there after I had been abandoned in the wild and had to fend for myself. I probably wouldn´t have survived if I hadn´t followed some cat to its house (yes, I know I´m pretty smart!). Like I said, I had a good life at Heartland, but still missed running around all the time, and my eye (or what was left of it) kept bothering me a little. Then, all of a sudden, I found myself on some gleaming white table and when I woke up, I was robbed of my manhood!! How dare they! Jeannie said, though, that now I could have a girl-friend, and I moved to Lawton to my new parents. I had the time of my life there... until I met my "girl-friend," Briseis. Boy, she was mean to me, chased me all over the place and tried to rip me apart. I was sooo scared, and my new momma lost her nerve and ended the short-term "relationship." But there was another girl in the house - Dandi. Momma seemed reluctant to have me meet her; I heard her say she was very grumpy and very bossy. Uh-oh. Keeping that in mind and already traumatized by the encounter with Briseis, I kept running for my life everytime I just caught a glimpse of Dandi. But - surprise- she turned out to be so sweet and patient, and soon I couldn´t resist her and slowly, very slowly started talking to her. Now I have a great girl-friend who is looking out for me and grooming me. What? I should groom her, too? Nahhh, I rather sit here and play macho bunny ... it can´t get much better than this."

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Ahhh...I love it! Thanks for posting your story, Simon! Best wishes for you and your new lady friend and with your new Momma! (And welcome to the HRR Bunny Blog, Andrea!)

9:40 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Hi Megan, the blog is great! I´m glad you like Simi´s story. Right now, he and Dandi think it´s great fun to pee NEXT to their litterboxes ... *sigh*

7:12 PM  
Blogger Keithius said...

A lovely story! My bunny, Gus, is the same way. He loves to get groomed!

Hey, if you don't mind, my two rabbits have their own blog at http://www.starkeith.net/bunnyblog, and I was wondering if you'd mind giving us a link?

Well, whatever you decide - thanks for the great blog and entertaining stories of bunnies!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Hi Keithius,

Sure, we'd love to link to your blog. Betsy and Gus have a great blog..they're very talented. I should be working on web stuff over the next day or two so we'll get a link up soon.

Glad you found us!

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This colorful picture is the one you should have made into a jigsaw puzzle. It would have been really fun to work.

Anon

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home