Saturday, October 22, 2011

Home Sweet Home...

Back a few months ago Heartland took in a youngster that had been picked up by a local municipal animal control agency. The baby had been mutilated by some human who had apparently taken a pair of scissors and chopped off the ends of her ears.
Mutilated beauty.
She was rather shy at first but has since blossomed into a feisty girl who seems to be enjoying her bunnyhood. She has developed into a phenomenal digger and whenever she gets outside for playtime her energy and persistence at moving dirt is something to behold. She was presented with a small bungalow and after suitable remodeling (she had to ensure there was a backdoor on the thing), she has shown that she loves her cottage.
The baby at home.
She seems to be thriving and is obviously a beautiful being.

One of the more unpleasant things associated with rescuing those in need is the multiple instances where you are required to become aware of the dark side of human animals. Who harmed her or why they harmed her or even how they harmed this youngster will probably never be known. What is known is that somewhere there is a human with a large karmic debt weighing on their spirit.

This kiddos mutilated ears are a living advertisement attesting to the callousness of some of our fellow humans.

Her hopping, jumping, digging self is a living advertisement to the resiliency of little ones everywhere. We're glad she is here and safe and growing...and digging. We humans owe her safety and caring and much much more. Heartland can't bring back what she has lost but can give her a place to grow and thrive...and dig...and if she can find a forever family that would even be that much better. 

16 Comments:

Blogger FairyCastleFarm said...

I remember seeing her beautiful face the first time she was on FB.... she has grown into a pretty young lady :o) I think the digging is an 'english spot' trait .... my guys are the same, especially the girls. I pray she finds her fur-ever home soon. Finally let me say you are right karma will come to those who did the unthinkable to such and innocent soul. Words escape me to form the thanks you deserve in my eyes for what you do for these bunnies. Thanks from the bottom of my heart. Yollie (the human at FCF)

5:17 AM  
Blogger Carmen S. said...

I read about this beautiful girl on Christina's blog and it just broke my heart! Bless you all for the GOOD things you do!

5:55 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

It would help if I would proofread before I hit publish....Baby Girl is so precious. I cant imagine the mental capacity of the person who did that to her and hope they are somewhere they cant hurt another creature.

8:22 AM  
Blogger FairyCastleFarm said...

@Christina, here, here!!

5:41 AM  
Blogger thou said...

she is beautiful no matter what.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Bea Elliott said...

I hopped on over here from Vegan Elder's site. I suppose I was looking for a bit of cheer.

Alas - I find a story that leaves me with mixed emotions. One - So pleased to see that Baby Girl is in loving arms! Secondly - Is the dread of learning the horrible capacity some humans have to be cruel.

Yes, I too join in those who hope for Karma to return the deed. :(

Sweet Baby Girl - forgive us. We're not all monsters!

5:51 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I'm so happy she was found and is now safe in good hands. Poor dear little bunny. They are so helpless and it is so upsetting to think that someone would do this.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

She's just the sweetest girl! Good thing she found her way to ya'll for safe keeping until the perfect and loving folks can come along.
xx

5:56 PM  
Blogger Layla said...

Glad she is with you! Thank you for sharing!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Such a lovely girl! So glad she is thriving in the care of loving humans.

5:56 PM  
Blogger RG said...

Somebody will get a good (and special) one!!!

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Playmobil Bunnies said...

She's really thriving. She's so cute and adorable. I love her color. Nice bunny !

5:23 AM  
Blogger Pat Wahler said...

Poor little thing. I'm glad she's being given a good life. She deserves it!

Pat
Critter Alley

3:16 PM  
Blogger Mandy Saile said...

It's been a long time dream of mine to open a rabbit sanctuary...espeacially one for rescued test lab rabbit (if possible!) but I am not sure how to toughen my heart against all the cruelty I know goes hand in hand...I have to get tougher and I've no idea how. This little rabbit is so incredibly beautiful, if I were anywhere near your area, I'd be on my way to bring her home. Thanks so so much to you guys for giving her a loving shelter.

6:31 PM  
Blogger bunnythreads said...

OHMY Stars. What the %^$&$!! Karma back to that Human? Is the even enough? My head can Not even grasp a being having a `thought' as cruel as this, much less carring it out.The sick, no Evil..
You know I will not waste time on such darkness. But focus on the POSITIVE side ofpeople. I am in NC. If I can be of Help contact me.
♥http://bunnythreads.blogspot.com/

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home