Sunday, June 08, 2008

A Very Bold Baby



Born April 24, this wild youngster is not threatened by us in the least. He (or she) was the subject of one of Andrea's blog entries a little while back and he still prefers to hang around the warrens. Yesterday I spied him in the 'weed bed' and hurried to get the camera. I thought I would have to be quick and hopefully have some luck in getting pictures of him doing cute cottontail things. But as it turned out I had plenty of time. I lost count of the pictures he allowed, and I suspect he enjoyed the star treatment as he POSED throughout the 70 some pictures I got! What was incredible to me was that the camera was on the macro feature which requires that you be very up-close to the subject. These pictures were taken about 12 inches from his nose! He didn't balk once, an extremely rare behavior for a wild bunny. We are lecturing him on safety, and telling him he should not trust humans to be that close. I will resort to thumping my foot if necessary.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

What a cute little guy! He looks very brave and devil may care...mama bun needs to start nagging him about the wild bun rules.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Deb Cushman said...

Maybe it's just you that he's letting get close because he knows you can be trusted...or maybe he thought you were a photographer from National Geographic!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Awe, what a brave bunny! Those are lovely pictures!

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is amazing, what a lovely guy

i suspect like Freckles and Deb that he knew you could be trusted :-) Maybe even that you would be on his side for edumacation of people towards wild critters :-)

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home