Sunday, May 18, 2008

You tawkin to me?


Tango causes a lot of fear and trauma when I take her to the vet. Everyone is very alarmed by her. Anyway, today was nail trim day for Tango and Nemo. The puppy spa is about a 1/2 a block from my house. I tucked Nemo in my hoodie and zipped up and off we went. Easy, Easy done in five minutes and back home. The lady that usually does it was outand her husband was there. I told him I was going home to get my big girl and that she was a handful. He said "no problem, I have trimmed a raccoon's nail so a little bunny wont be a problem" I told him I just wanted to warn him but he didn't listen. So I go home and get Miss Tango and put her in the carrier. (she wouldnt fit in my hoodie and would whip my butt if I tried) When we walk in I told him we needed to go into a room and that I needed her carrier to be on a table when I took her out. He seemed skeptical still. Poor man. I reach in to get her out and she does her usual growling and thumping the back of the carrier with all her might. His eyes got big as saucers."Is she growling"? "I have never heard a rabbit growl before" So I get her out and he says "holy crap". I tried to tell him!!!!!!! Every time he trimmed a toenail she grunted and tried to bite him. I honestly thought he was going to cry. It was over pretty fast. He didn't charge for it because her back feet didn't need trimming and I am fairly sure he just wanted her out. He said as I was leaving " Do you have anymore like her at home"? I laughed and said yes but I wasn't bringing Mojo in because she didn't need a trim. (Mojo is big but NOTHING like Tango but I wanted him to worry a bit.) Next time I think I will bring them both at the same time and see how he reacts. Cant help myself. It was so much fun. Tango doesn't scare me at all but she sure scares the heck out of everyone else. Raccoon Smaccoon. Just had to share that story with you all.

Christina

P.S. Sorry how this is split up. I couldnt get it fixed properly.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

That's a cute story! Thanks for sharing. :) (I fixed your paragraph spacing for you...) ;)

12:35 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Thank you Thank you Megan! I could not get it to work.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - archi ann was always that way too - grunt and charge. my friends were always afraid to feed her, touch her, go near her. not me, i knew it was all for show. she would even bite me sometimes going to change her water but never broke skin, just let my arm feel that she had teeth... other times she was soft and would let me pet her and massage her. great bunny

2:17 PM  
Blogger RG said...

Oh I'll trim a coon anytime over a bunny like Tango!

5:33 PM  
Blogger Heartland said...

How I loved this story! I could just see the scene - the rather large and intimidating bunny scaring the poor husband. "Tango,you should be ashamed." (snicker,snicker) Perhaps the husband now has a new respect and admiration for his wife who bravely faces such a one as Tango. We love your stories Christina.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Deb Cushman said...

Guess Tango showed that guy her bunnitude! Growling and thumping -- what a tough bunn!

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home