Friday, May 09, 2008

Angels among us.


In response to the post below I just have to say a few words.


I am not a religious person by any means. With that being said, I think there are angels among us. One is an animal control officer named Shelley who must have a horrible job sometimes but cared about a little bunny so much. The other ones I know are the people at Heartland. I knew zero about the plight of bunnies a year ago. After I got my first 2 I started researching the net like crazy trying to find the best ways to take care of them. I discovered Heartland Rabbit Rescue. They were so kind and informative and answered every single one of my questions and went out of their way for me numerous times even when I must have been a pain. I just wanted to try and do everything right and they were wonderful. There is such a need for those people in the world who care about the little animals, children and the elderly and ill. So on behalf of Mojo and Tango ( who I found out later were actually intended to be meat rabbits) and Dudley the most scardy little bunny in the universe and Nemo whose head is slightly tilted but whose heart is like a lion. THANK YOU HEARTLAND FOR BEING THE ANGELS AMONG US.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Siddhartha said...

Really cute bunny.

3:19 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Oh Christina, thank you for your kind words! You have always been a source of delight to us at Heartland, and we are so grateful that you took in Nemo with the heart of a lion.

6:23 PM  
Blogger The Bunns said...

Very well said for a bean ...

6:32 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

A bean?

7:25 PM  
Blogger Heartland said...

That was a new one for me too bunns. What is "bean..."?

2:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

human being - bean ;-)

i am a believer in God and the Bible and believe that all truth is God's truth... and you've stumbled onto a truth that is in the Book of Hebrews 13:2
Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

God called us to take charge over his creatures, but sin entered the world thru us and we have abused our dominion in horrid ways.

So when people take the time to take back some of the things man in his sin has done, like saving a lovely, sweet, good natured bunny, spending time with an elderly person who has been abandoned by their family or anything in between they are ministering as angels to those needing the help.

i got into rabbits in a similar way, got a couple from friends and my sister who couldn't keep them and then started helping where i could. same when my best dog died last june, rescued a ridgeback mix and was thrust into the rescue community. God gives us a big heart to help.

thank you for being a part of the solution. sorry this was so long... i'm so grateful for what rescue communities are doing... we can't change the world but we can change our corner of it...

10:45 PM  
Blogger Heartland said...

Oh, I like it. :) I belive in God as well, and have learned over the years to trust Him. Couldn't do what we do here without Him. Thank you for sharing. And thank you for all you have done for the animals.

4:52 AM  
Blogger Deb Cushman said...

And here's to a world where bunnies won't have to be rescued anymore!

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home