Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pippin





Many of you may remember the handsome and gentle Pippin. You might recall that Pippin spent the first 8 years of his life in a backyard hutch. A prison sentence that no living creature deserves. Pippin's life began anew at Heartland and then a new chapter began for him just a few months ago.

We treasured our little guy. He was a kind spirit that enjoyed naps in the sunshine and a fine slice of banana. He was a slow jazz kind of bunny man. Laid back and easygoing, he did indulge in the occasional dig. He stole our hearts and eventually one of our volunteers just had to give him what he always hoped for.....HOME.

Pippin is where hope lives. A tiny little light that kept burning and pushing him to survive all those years.

Ole Pipster even had himself a girl. A lady bun named Nester that thought he was the cat's meow.

Pippin passed over to the Summer Lands very early this morning. He was brought back and laid to rest at Heartland. It seems altogether fitting and right as it was where his hopes became reality. We loved you so much Pippin. We ache that you are gone but we will keep hope alive just for you little man and keep going for all those other bunnies like you......the ones that are still hoping.

18 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Dearest Pippin,
You will be missed buddy and I know your parents are hurting right now and nothing can bring them comfort. I focus on all that you had in such a short time and it makes me smile.

4:53 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

Aw, Pippin, thanks for being such a fun bun and making so many people happy. I'm glad you had your time in the sun and a wifebun to share your happiest time with.

4:54 PM  
Blogger d. moll, l.ac. said...

Mr. Pippin, thanks for hanging out and showing us how special a bun can be <3

4:59 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Pippin, I know you gave your family, both human and buns, much joy in life. I am glad you found your mate Your earthly mission sadly ended today.you will be missed as you are remembered and grieved. I am so sorry for the loss. 

5:22 PM  
Blogger Carmen S. said...

RIP sweet Pippin, I hope your family can find some comfort in their warm memories of the joy you brought them♥

5:49 PM  
Blogger tamara said...

What a beautiful tribute to Pippin and his many hope-fulfilling humans. I'm so glad the later years of his life were filled with the sunny, snuggly, admiration-filled, jazz-esque days he clearly loved so much.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Bunnyman said...

The first eight years of his life were bleak, but he finally got to know the joy of loving and being loved in return. That is what he takes with him to the Bridge, and the gift he leaves us. Some rabbits are with us a short time but leave their pawprints in our hearts forever. Dance on silvery light, Pippin. You will be missed.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Lavender Rabbit said...

Goodbye dear Pippin, thank you so much for sharing your bunny joy and hope with all of us. You will be missed.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful spirit! Godspeed sweet Pippin!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Amanda M. said...

Sweet Pippin! So brave and strong and beautiful, gone too soon. Binky free, sweet boy!

7:57 PM  
Blogger veganelder said...

Thanks to all of you for your kind comments. He was a fine fine bunny being and I will miss him more than I can say for the rest of my life. Thanks again.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

So sorry to hear of his passing. His picture is on out fridge and it always makes me smile. Such a sweet boy.

7:53 PM  
Blogger RG said...

So many gave Pippin a good last part of life.

7:54 PM  
Blogger MoB said...

i am so sorry to hear that :(

9:27 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Like Lindsay, I also have pictures of Pippin on my fridge. His sweet face always gave me a smile, but since he was adopted that smile has become so much bigger and it just brightens my day to think of him. I'm sorry you didn't have more time together, but I hope you can take comfort knowing that you gave him what he had been hanging on just hoping for all those years.

10:10 AM  
Blogger MoB said...

i am very glad that his last years were happy ones

5:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pippin was the first rescue bunny I held and snorgled. He was very gentle with me and tolerated my adoration with dignity. He was such a sweetie and I KNOW how much he was and is still loved and will be missed.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Pam Beers. said...

Tears well in my eyes as I read this lovely post. I'm so happy Pippin had such a loving home at the end. He knew he was loved. Great blog post.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home