Monday, August 04, 2008

An innocent soul becomes a flower

My little cottontail baby,

not even 14 days were you allowed on this earth, but already you had touched our hearts. Your eyes were not even fully open when you experienced the cruelty of man. A monster of a child had kicked you like a soccer ball and left you with a crushed pelvis and internal injuries. Still you drank and snuggled in our hands and gave us a glimmer of hope - but then your suffering was over when on the third day you saw the brightness of the Rainbow Bridge.

This is for you:

Don't stand at my grave and cry for me
I am not there.
I am the 1000 winds that blow
I am the sparkling brilliance of the snow.
I am the sun over meadows and fields.
I am the dewdrops in the early morn'.
I am the flower that has just been born.
I am the glittering stars in the moonlit sky
I am free as the birds and my spirit will fly.
When you'll awake in the daybreak's peace
I am the life eclipsing the night.
Don't stand at my grave and grieve for me
I'm not in there – I haven't died.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Sweet baby, as you pass into the summerlands there will be no cruelty at any hands only sweetness. Dear God, I am so sorry someone hurt you deliberately. It breaks my heart.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Deb Cushman said...

This is so sad...and so senseless.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Oh Andrea, how sad this is. Please take what comfort you can from the fact that you gave unselfishly of yourself and made his last days all the more comfortable. Sometimes that's all we have.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home