Thursday, October 15, 2009

Do not buy the Veggie Garden Salad. Larvae found inside.

Today I discovered what is either a nest of caterpillar larvae or some kind of insect. Either way I was completely surprised to find the entire container filled with these creatures. Here's a link to the product so you know exactly what I'm talking about: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/prod_display.cfm?c=6067+17311+19382&pcatid=19382

I bought this garden bowl at Petsmart about a month ago and have been feeding a little to Patch and Alice each night. I didn't notice the problem until today but they could have been gestating deep inside a fruit or clump of hay. I'm taking the product back to Petsmart so they can contact the manufacturer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Heartland said...

YIKES! Scary stuff! More issues with our bunnies' food supplies, more to worry about. Thank you for alerting us to this. Behooves us all to be watchful at all times. Thank goodness you saw what had happened. Please update us when you hear from the manufacturer. I hope Petsmart has some insight into this incident and doesn't just pass this off as a non-issue. Bunny parents are not the kind that take this lightly!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Thanks for the alert! I hope Petsmart and the manufacturer take responsibility and are proactive.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Yuck.

You know I've been finding more bugs inside people food too lately. I keep bringing them home. I've taken to putting all my dry goods like rice and cereal in the refrigerator out in the garage first so if there's anything in it, it will die and I won't get infested again. Yeah, I might eat something disgusting, maybe even get sick, but if I have to empty all these cabinets one more time and throw out all my food... I think it's because we're buying everything from China and they are not as stringent as we are. I can imagine what their factories look like.

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

6:45 PM  
Blogger The Bunns said...

Ewwwweeee

Thanks for the alert.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home