Thursday, October 22, 2009

Anyone Interested in Making a Raffle Quilt?

Hey y'all!
Now that winter and daylight savings time is almost upon us, are you looking for a cozy winter project? If so, I'm seeking quilters or sewers to help make a quilt. I think this "Grandma's Bunnies" pattern would make a great raffle quilt raffle for Heartland. I've already got the pattern & the fabric to make it, but am lacking in time to do it all myself. And anyways, i'm sure a quilt we made together would be way cooler than a solo project. You can see some examples of a finished quilt with this pattern here and here.

So, if you are able to do an applique square or two, piece the top, or do hand or long arm quilting, please get in touch with me at layla.fowler@gmail.com, or through the comments. Fabric will be provided. Your choice of applique technique.

Thanks!

Layla

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Annette Tait said...

Hi Layla,
my sewing is very basic and definitely not of the 'professional quilters' type but if you don't mind that then I would absolutely love to make a couple of the shapes as appliques and post them to you from Scotland?
Or I could even attempt to put them on a 'square'.
Look forward to hearing from you, thank you, Annette

12:09 PM  
Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

OMG, I want one of those quilts!!!

I have no clue how to make squares, but I've been hand-sewing and hand-altering since I was a kid, and I have a sewing machine.

If doing a square or two isn't very time-intensive, and there would be clear instructions given, I could give it a try. It might be a nice way to find out if I'd like to make one of those quilts myself. My grandmother was a quilter and I've always thought it would be a cool hobby to have. Right now I'm swooning at the thought of how a bunny quilt would look on my bed!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Layla said...

Annette and Bunnygirl,
That sounds great! How cool to hear from people reading our blog as far away as Houston and Scotland! Would y'all just send me your email address at layla.fowler@gmail.com ? I will get back to you w/the specifics. Thanks so much!

Layla

8:35 AM  
Blogger Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Hi Layla!
I would love to make some squares for you. I'm a quilter and stitcher and a bunny lady too!
Hop over and visit with me.
bunny hugs,
shell

11:35 AM  
Blogger Mandy Saile said...

I've no ideal how to quilt but it seems like it'll be a lovely project. and bunnies...well you couldn't have chosen a better subject:D Good Luck with it:D

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home